Day 0
Remarkably performances have been going on in Edinburgh since Wednesday. It's now Sunday and I'm still in London. This is unprecedented behaviour. And remarkably I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Getting the 1pm train up to Edinburgh tomorrow and as far as Comedy Lounge is concerned I'm going it alone for the first time. I am going to have a few partners in crime for the first ten days or so and then for the final week it's me and everyone from work... Officially I'm going up for work so I am going to try to kill two birds with one stone.. or do two jobs with one ticket. My brain is a bit sluggish tonight after Steve & Sue's wedding last night and it's nearly 9pm and I have yet to pack. My suitcase is on my bed and there are clothes strewn around it but the urgency of the situation hasn't quite hit me yet. I've been so incredibly busy especially for the last week that I've not had a chance to even think about the festival. I have a carefully planned timetable of 67 shows to see in 17 days... almost none of which are shows guaranteed to make me laugh. I'm talking Chris Addison, Jeremy Lion and the likes. I have managed to crowbar Rich & Stew into my schedule by way of a reward but my main focus this year is new talent and I am actually really excited about it.
Tomorrow I am getting the train up with H and we are staying in the flat of a friend of a friend just across the meadows. Then on Friday, H is going back to London as young Kerry comes up to play. But of course I will be very focused on work. I am supposed to be going to the office in Glasgow which will be cool but a lot of the shows I am seeing start around lunchtime so I'm not sure how that's going to work. Somehow I have to oganise a shoot in France while I am away. Tomorrow night I am going to see Adam Buxton's show with my boss. I love Adam - he never fails to make me laugh. So that'll be a very good start to the festival. I am determined not to have anything ruin it as per the last few years and it's certainly going to e very different to past years so bring it on!!
Tomorrow I am getting the train up with H and we are staying in the flat of a friend of a friend just across the meadows. Then on Friday, H is going back to London as young Kerry comes up to play. But of course I will be very focused on work. I am supposed to be going to the office in Glasgow which will be cool but a lot of the shows I am seeing start around lunchtime so I'm not sure how that's going to work. Somehow I have to oganise a shoot in France while I am away. Tomorrow night I am going to see Adam Buxton's show with my boss. I love Adam - he never fails to make me laugh. So that'll be a very good start to the festival. I am determined not to have anything ruin it as per the last few years and it's certainly going to e very different to past years so bring it on!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home